Who Needs AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors?
AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors deliver a step above for the mobile and digital workforce that not only need exceptional performance, but also the utmost in security features and manageability. If your business requires remote management of systems or if your business needs protection for sensitive data, AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors are for you.
Devices with AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors
Powerhouse Productivity for Business Anywhere
Today’s IT decision makers are experiencing high demand for PCs that accommodate flexible work environments. Typical workflows now include video conferencing while screen sharing a presentation, searching the web for data and reports, and crunching numbers in a spreadsheet. AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors are the world's best mobile processors2 offering the most cores3 to maximize performance for professional applications and collaboration tools essential to business productivity.
AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO Productivity Comparison⁴
AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U
Intel Core i7-1185G7
AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5 Productivity Comparison⁵
AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 5650U
Intel Core i5-1135G7
Layered Security Features Designed into Every Ryzen™ Processor
Data is now the most valuable commodity in world, and attacks are increasing in frequency and cost to businesses worldwide. Every AMD Ryzen™ Processor is designed with multilayered, modern security features that help protect your data from today’s more sophisticated attacks.
- AMD Ryzen™ processor architecture is designed from the ground up with security features as a priority
- AMD Shadow Stack provides hardware enabled protection against control-flow attacks - new with AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors
- AMD Secure Processor integrated on-chip to help protect sensitive data
- AMD Memory Guard provides real time encryption of system memory to help protect against physical attacks should your laptop be lost or stolen
- Industry partnerships support a multi-layered security solution at the silicon, OS, and platform levels
- AMD has collaborated with Microsoft to offer Secured-core PC which helps protect from firmware vulnerabilities, shield the operating system, and prevent unauthorized access to devices and data.
Do More Without the Plug
AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors are designed to deliver superb energy efficiency. In fact, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U enables up to 20 hours of battery life in the HP Elitebook 835 G86.
Generational Battery Life Comparison6
HP Elitebook 835 G8 - AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U
HP Elitebook 845 G7 - AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 4750U
AMD PRO manageability
Your business. Your choice. All AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors come with a rich manageability feature set for simplified deployment, imaging, and management that is compatible with your current infrastructure. Additionally, AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors support Microsoft Endpoint Manager to deliver a flexible and integrated cloud management solution.
AMD PRO business ready
AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors are designed for quality, reliability, and longevity for long-term stability and peace-of-mind.
- 18 months of planned software stability
- 24 months of planned availability
- Enterprise-grade quality assurance process
- Feature consistency across all models
- ‘Most Modern Security’ is defined as AMD CPUs with Microsoft Secured-Core PC - Modern Security technology enabled by the system manufacturer. CZP-22
- ‘Best Mobile Processors for business’ is defined as having the highest multi-thread processing performance in each of three (3) classes of Ryzen PRO 5000 series processors. Testing by AMD engineering using the Cinebench R20 nT benchmark, measuring multithreaded performance of a Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor engineering sample vs Core i7-1185G7 processor, the Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U processor engineering sample vs Core i5-1135G7 processor, and a Ryzen 3 PRO 5450U processor engineering sample vs Core i3-1115G4 processor. Performance may vary. CZP-17
- Ryzen PRO 5000 series mobile processors will offer up to 8 cores. As of January 2021, this is the most number of cores offered on an AMD or Intel mobile processor for thin and light business notebooks (15W - 28W TDP range). CZP-19
- Testing as of 12/8/2020 by AMD Performance Labs utilizing MSI Prestige 14 Evo with Intel® Core i7-1185G7 processor @ 28W TDP, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics, 16 GBytes RAM - 4267 MHz, Kingston Technology SSD Drive with Win Pro vs. AMD Reference Design with Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U mobile processor @ 15W TDP, ATI/AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series - Internal GPU , 16GB LPDDR4 RAM - 4266, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB Drive with Win Pro, Using the following tests: PCMark® 10 Benchmark, PCMark® 10 Gimp Cold App Startup (seconds), PCMark® 10 APP Performance Overall , PCMark® 10 App Performance_Word, PCMark® 10 App Performance_Excel, PCMark® 10 App Performance_PowerPoint, PCMark® 10 App Performance_Edge. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Results may vary. PCMark® is a registered trademark of Futuremark Corporation. CZP-16
- Testing as of 12/8/2020 by AMD Performance Labs utilizing DELL XPS 13 9310 with Intel® Core i5-1135G7 processor, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics, 16 GBytes RAM - 4267 MHz, Micron 2300 NVMe 512GB Drive with Win Pro vs. AMD Reference Design with Ryzen PRO 5000 Series processor, ATI/AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series - Internal GPU , 16GB LPDDR4 RAM - 4266, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB Drive with Win Pro, Using the following tests: PCMark® 10 Benchmark, PCMark® 10 Gimp Cold App Startup (TTC) seconds, PCMark® 10 APP Performance Overall , PCMark® 10 App Performance_Excel, PCMark® 10 App Performance_Edge, . PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Results may vary. PCMark® is a registered trademark of Futuremark Corporation. CZP-08
- All battery life claims are approximate. Battery life based on MobileMark 2018 testing results reported on Bapco.com using an HP Elitebook 835 G8 with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor and 53 Wh battery, and an HP Elitebook 845 G7 with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U and 53 Wh battery. Actual battery life will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to: product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and use. AMD has not independently tested or verified the battery life claim. For more information about the MobileMark 18 benchmark test, see www.bapco.com. GD-168.
© 2021 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Ryzen, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. “Zen” is a code name for AMD architecture, and is not a product name. GD-12